In the mid-19th century a prominent Wrexham family, the Francis’s, founded a pharmacy which in the 1880’s incorporated an opticians. The two facets within one business grew together for 50 years until just before the 2nd World War, when they parted company and Francis Opticians was established on Town Hill in Wrexham. In the 1970’s we moved to Church Street and then in 1995, to our present location on Chester street. We opened a practice in Chirk in the late 70’s and further expanded into Cheshire with the founding of our Malpas practice in 1998.
We are the second oldest business in Wrexham being beaten only by Gerrards the bakers.